2014年10月22日星期三

Epithet


ENUMERATIO








EPANALEPSIS

Def: repeats something from the beginning of a sentence at the end.
Def: the repetition, after a more or less lengthy passage of subordinate or parenthetic text, of a word or clause that was used before.

Example: my ears heard what you said but I counldn't believe my ears.

Example: my eyes saw a girl running in the stree but next moment she disappear, I domt believe my eyes.
Example: my computer is broken, I can't turn on my computer anymore, I am so sad so I hate my computer.































EPIZEUXIS

 --repeats one word for emphasis
 --that means “fastening together”. It is defined as a rhetorical device in which the                     words is repeated in a quick succession after each other for  emphasis.


Example1
           The amusement park was fun, fun, fun.
 

Example #2

    Alone, alone, all, all alone,
    Alone
     on a wide, wide room

    Example #3

     The Physics homework was so hard,hard, hard!


    Hyperbole
    --an exaggeration 
    --is a figure of speech, make something bigger than it really it.
    Example1
    I'm so tired I could sleep for a year!
    Example2
    My backpack weighs a ton!
    Example3
    I'm so hunger I could eat a house!











EPITHET-
 using an adjective or adjective phrase to describe- memorizing eyes.




People usually need to spend their money for excess profits tax. The man in the picture watering the tree with the sign ' EXCESS PROFITS TAX'. This man want to growth the tree, just like tax he have to pay.








A father looking for his pregnant wife and say:"So how's our future little national debtor today?" Little national debtor is the epithet for their baby, because they have to spend lot of money to rise their children up, just like a debtor.




Student are making fun and give other students name because thats what they looks like.



没有评论:

发表评论